Wednesday, October 15, 2008

BB; Butternut Squash Risotto

So, this recipe comes a week late and the sad thing is I actually made this probably a month ago! I've been really behind with posting. Anyway, last week's Barefoot Bloggers dish was Ina's Butternut Squash Risotto chosen by Rachel of Rachel Likes to Cook. I did make a few changes. First, I skipped the Saffron and added a little fresh Sage instead. And I also omitted the Pancetta as I forgot to buy it at the store. Needless to say with with the changes I made this still turned out fabulously. We ended up eating it with some shredded chicken from a store bought rotisserie chicken...talk about easy dinner!



I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Cat of the Cat's Pajamas for giving me the "I Love you this much Award".


If you haven't checked out Cat's blog you need to. She cooks up some fabulous dishes and her stories always have me wanting more. Thanks, Cat!! I plan to pass this award along soon, so be on the look out!

4 comments:

NKP said...

Better late than never, eh? I lag a few days and then do a bunch on top of each other.
Glad you loved it - sage would have been very good - and hooray for rotisserie chicken!
Congratulations on your much deserved award.

Prudy said...

Congrats on your award! Never mind about late. It's all just for fun anyway and it looks wonderful.

Anne said...

Congrats on the award! I forgot to buy pancetta too but thought it was wonderful on it's own (I'm glad I had remembered the rice, though!). Great job!

Maria said...

Yeah for your award. The risotto looks very delicious!