Sunday, October 19, 2008

Real Spaghetti and Meatballs

A friend of mine recently had a new baby girl so we decided to make them a big batch of the Barefoot Contessa's Real Spaghetti and Meatballs, because if anyone knows, new baby means zero time for cooking. We of course, couldn't make Kim a batch of meatballs without making a batch for ourselves. Being married to an Italian man, I've had my fare share of meatballs, but this recipe has won our hearts and we've been using this recipe only for a few years now.

The only substitution we make is with the bread crumbs. It calls for 1 cup of white bread crumbs, we use Panko instead. I find the Panko lead to a moister ball.

So, if you haven't made these meatballs yet, you need to. We've made them in various sizes for spaghetti and meatballs, appetizers or for sub sandwiches. My almost 2 year old couldn't stop walking around the house saying "meatball" all week. He'll be sad to find out I ate the last two while he was taking a nap!

Enjoy!

5 comments:

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

This is one of my favorite meals.

NKP said...

Oh, this looks so good. And I am hungry too... any leftovers?
Ina does good stuff!

Prudy said...

Oh how I wish I was having that dinner for tonight.

Anonymous said...

Oh yum! I'm craving Italian like something fierce right now! I'm going to have to grab something Italian for lunch. I'm also going to have to make that recipe soon!
~Cat

Anonymous said...

"I've had my fare share of meatballs" followed by "lead to a moister ball." I don't know if I should have a smoke or take a shower.